It's always worth checking train times before travelling late at night, or at weekends/Bank Holidays, as track improvement works can lead to revised timetables and replacement bus services on certain routes.
Saturday 31 December 2011 - New Years Eve
The following alterations to rail replacement buses between Cosford and Albrighton will apply:
- 2347 Cosford-Albrighton will not run
- 0014 Albrighton-Cosford (early morning Sunday 1 January) will not run.
The following trains will not run:
1805 Birmingham New St to Shrewsbury
1947 Shrewsbury to Birmingham New St
2017 Birmingham New St to Rugeley
2100 Lichfield to Redditch
2105 Birmingham New St to Shrewsbury
2135 Rugeley to Birmingham New St
2227 Redditch to Birmingham New St
2344 London Euston to Northampton
The following services will be amended:
1927 Redditch to Lichfield terminates at Birmingham New St
1934 Liverpool to Birmingham starts at Crewe
2247 Worcester to Leamington Spa terminates at Dorridge
The following alterations will apply to services between London Euston and Northampton:
- 2344 London Euston-Northampton will not run
- 0015 London Euston-Northampton (early morning Sun 1st) will not run
The following additional services will operate between London Euston and Milton Keynes Central/Northampton:
- 0034 London Euston-Northampton (Sun 1 Jan) calling at Wembley Central at 0043, Harrow & Wealdstone at 0048, Watford Junction at 0056, Hemel Hempstead at 0103, Berkhamsted at 0108, Tring at 0113, Leighton Buzzard at 0120, Bletchley at 0127, Milton Keynes Central at 0135, Wolverton at 0138, arriving at Northampton at 0152.
- 0104 London Euston-Northampton (Sun 1 Jan) calling at Harrow & Wealdstone at 0116, Bushey at 0121, Watford Junction at 0125, Kings Langley at 0129, Apsley at 0133, Hemel Hempstead at 0136, Berkhamsted at 0141, Tring at 0146, Cheddington at 0151, Leighton Buzzard at 0156, Bletchley at 0203, Milton Keynes Central at 0210, Wolverton at 0214, arriving at Northampton at 0229.
- 0134 London Euston-Milton Keynes Central (Sun 1 Jan) calling at Harrow & Wealdstone at 0146, Bushey at 0151, Kings Langley at 0200, Apsley at 0204, Hemel Hempstead at 0206, Berkhamsted at 0211, Tring at 0216, Cheddington at 0221, Leighton Buzzard at 0228, Bletchley at 0235, arriving at Milton Keynes at 0243.
- 0154 London Euston-Milton Keynes Central (Sun 1 Jan) calling at Harrow & Wealdstone at 0206, Watford Junction at 0214, Hemel Hempstead at 0221, Berkhamsted at 0226, Tring at 0231, Leighton Buzzard at 0241, Bletchley at 0248, arriving at Milton Keynes Central at 0256.
Due to planned engineering work the 0034 London Euston to Northampton service will not call at Bushey.
Sunday 1 January 2012 - New Years Day
Due to planned engineering work services between Crewe and London Euston (via Stoke on Trent) will operate to a revised timetable.
Monday 2 January 2012 - Bank Holiday
Train services between Birmingham New Street and Shrewsbury will operate to a revised timetable.
The following alterations to services between Hereford/Worcester Shrub Hill and Birmingham New Street will apply:
- 0628 Worcester Shrub Hill - Birmingham New Street will not run
- 0710 Hereford-Birmingham New Street will not run
- 0719 Birmingham New Street -Great Malvern will not run
- 0838 Great Malvern - Birmingham New Street will not run
- 1719 Birmingham New Street-Hereford will not run
- 1759 Birmingham New Street-Great Malvern will not run
- 1949 Birmingham New Street-Worcester Shrub Hill will not run
- 2054 Hereford-Worcester Shrub Hill will not run
Until 0800 train services between Birmingham New Street/Walsall and Rugeley Trent Valley will operate to an amended timetable.
Services between Lichfield and Redditch will operate to a revised timetable.
The 0739 Wolverhampton to Birmingham New Street service will not run.
Train services between London Euston and Tring/Milton Keynes/Northampton will operate to a special timetable.
No services will operate between Bedford and Bletchley.
Monday 2 - Thursday 5 January
Due to planned engineering work the 2253 Birmingham New Street to Northampton service will not call at Long Buckby and will arrive at Northampton later at 0029. A rail replacement bus service will operate departing from Rugby at 2350, Long Buckby at 0015, arriving at Northampton at 0040.
Sunday 8 January
Due to planned engineering work taking place until 2100 hours services between London Euston and Northampton/Birmingham New Street/Crewe will operate to a revised timetable.
Monday 9 January
Due to planned engineering work late night trains from London Euston to Northampton will arrive at Northampton up to 49 minutes later. After 2230 northbound trains will call at Bushey to set down only.
Tuesday 10 January
Due to planned engineering work the following services will call at Bushey to set down only:
- 2334 London Euston - Milton Keynes Central
- 0034 London Euston - Northampton
Saturday 14 January
Due to planned engineering work the 0034 London Euston to Northampton service will call at Bushey to set down only.
Monday 16 - Thursday 19 January
Due to planned engineering work the 2318 Birmingham New Street to Hednesford service will terminate at Walsall (at 2347) a rail replacement bus service will operate departing from Walsall at 2352, Bloxwich at 2356, Bloxwich North at 2357, Landywood at 0002, Cannock at 0007, arriving Hednesford at 0033.
Page last updated 13 December at 1100.