If you have lost something on one of our trains or at one of our stations, we will do our best to reunite you with your property.
Please contact the Lost Property Customer Service team on 03300 240 215 or make a lost property enquiry at www.lostproperty.org.
Alternatively, contact our customer relations team who will try to help you locate your property, if it has been found by a member of our staff.
Please note, items may take up to 24 hours to reach the main lost property offices if found.
Lost property charges
London Midland charge for retrieval and storage of lost property, with charges based on the type of article or period of time during which it has been stored before it is claimed. The following are maximum charges that London Midland can use for storage, retrieval and return of lost property. For storage charges, owners/ finders must not be charged more than £1 per 24 hour period.
Charges for retrieval of lost property:
- Band A - £20 charge: Laptop computers, video cameras
- Band B - £10 charge: Mobile telephones, pagers, compact cd players
- Band C - £3 charge: Jewellery items, watches, cameras, cycles, clothing items, suitcases, rucksacks, briefcases, filofaxes, musical instruments, skis, surfboards
- Band D - £2 charge: Umbrellas, gloves/scarves/hats, spectacles, keys, reading books, prams/pushchairs, all other items
Charges for storage of lost property:
- £1 per 24 hour period: Laptop computers, video cameras, mobile telephone, pagers, compact cd players, skis, surfboards, prams/pushchairs, cycles
- 50p per 24 hour period: Jewellery items, watches, cameras, clothing items, suitcases, rucksacks, briefcases, filofaxes, musical instruments, umbrellas, gloves/scarves/hats, spectacles, keys, reading books, all other items
To protect the owner/finder from incurring storage and retrieval charges out of proportion to the value of the item, the total charge must reflect the item value as follows:
- For items in Band A & B - total charge not to exceed £25
- For items in Band C - total charge not to exceed £15
- For items in Band D - total charge not to exceed £5
The charge for returning lost property to the owner/ finder (e.g. postage) is to be paid by the owner/finder and is in addition to the storage and retrieval charges.
The charge for refunding cash found to the owner is an administration charge of £2.00 minimum or 10% of the amount found, up to a maximum of £10.