We offer a range of tickets for your journey, whether it’s for immediate, pre-planned or group travel. Children (aged 5-15) generally travel for half the adult fare, and under 5s travel free (if they don't occupy a seat and are accompanied by an adult)
- Advance tickets are our cheapest tickets from as little £5 each way. If you can plan your journey in advance and be flexible on your time of travel, you'll get the best deal and enjoy big savings off the normal fares.
- Anytime tickets are available on all trains at any time of day and are our most flexible tickets - there's no need to book in advance.
- Off-Peak tickets are available for travel anytime at weekends and bank holidays and generally after the morning peak on weekdays. Certain evening peak restrictions apply for some journeys.
- Super Off-Peak tickets are our cheapest turn-up-and-go fares and are on our longer distance services. They are available for travel anytime at weekends and bank holidays but have more weekday time restrictions than Off-Peak tickets. They are valid for return within one calendar month.
- First class tickets are available on some of our services. Advance First tickets are around £10 more than the standard class Advance fare.
- Season tickets can offer great discounts for regular travellers. You can purchase weekly, monthly or annual station to station season tickets online or at any of our staffed stations.
- We also offer some great deals on group travel, leisure tickets, Railcards and combined bus and train travel.