We offer a range of tickets for your journey, whether it’s for immediate, pre-planned or group travel. Children (aged 5-15) generally travel for half the adult fare, and under 5s travel free (if they don't occupy a seat and are accompanied by an adult)
- Advance tickets are our cheapest tickets from just £5 each way. If you can plan your journey in advance and be flexible on the time of travel, you'll enjoy big savings off normal fares.
- Anytime tickets are available on all trains at any time of day and are our most flexible tickets - there's no need to book in advance.
- Off-Peak tickets are available for travel anytime at weekends and bank holidays and generally after the morning peak on weekdays. Certain evening peak restrictions apply for some journeys.
- Super Off-Peak tickets are our cheapest turn-up-and-go fares and are on our longer distance services. They are available for travel anytime on Sundays and bank holidays, but have more Monday to Saturday time restrictions than Off-Peak tickets. They are valid for return within one calendar month.
- First class tickets are available on some of our services. Advance First tickets are around £10 more than the standard class Advance fare.
- Season tickets can offer great discounts for regular travellers. You can purchase weekly, monthly or annual station to station season tickets online or at any of our staffed stations.
- We also offer some great deals on group travel, leisure tickets, Railcards and combined bus and train travel.