For full details on ticket restrictions for your journey, especially if you are heading beyond the London Midland network please call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.
Generally available for travel after the weekday morning peak (trains arriving into London after 0959hrs, or trains departing from 0930hrs in the West Midlands), trains departing from 0900hrs elsewhere and anytime at weekends. If you are travelling from London, please enquire for more details as restrictions vary according to destination.
Off-Peak tickets are
- cheaper than Anytime tickets
- available without pre-booking
- available for seating in standard class and on selected first class routes
- Off-peak tickets to/from London are not valid on trains leaving Euston between after 1649 until 1901 for journeys to Watford Junction and any station as far as (and including) Long Buckby.
- Off-peak tickets are not valid on trains leaving central Birmingham (New Street, Snow Hill, Moor Street, Jewellery Quarter and Five Ways) between 1635-1800hrs, unless you are travelling beyond Hereford, Shrewsbury, Stafford or Northampton.
Off-Peak day Single / Return tickets
For shorter off-peak journeys (generally less than 50 miles), outward and return travel must be taken on the date printed on the tickets.
Off-Peak Single / Return tickets
For longer off-peak journeys (generally more than 50 miles), outward travel must be taken on the date printed on the ticket and return travel must be taken within one month.
This has the same restrictions as the equivalent Off-Peak Day Return ticket to London, but also includes unlimited travel on London's buses, tubes and most trains in the Transport for London area. Not valid for travel on services arriving into London Euston before 1000hrs or departing from London Euston after 1649hrs until 1901hrs for journeys to Watford Junction and any station as far as (and including) Long Buckby. Stations north of Long Buckby will have no return restrictions from London Euston.
Available on our longer distance journeys (generally more than 50 miles). These are cheaper than Off-Peak tickets but have morning and evening peak restrictions Monday - Saturday. Outward travel must be taken on the date shown on the ticket with return travel within one month.
The Super Off-Peak ticket restrictions apply on Mondays to Saturdays and for tickets to/from London are as follows:
- Not valid for travel on London Midland services timed to ARRIVE at a London terminus before 1300hrs.
- Not valid for travel on northbound London Midland services timed to DEPART a London terminus or any other station, before 1030hrs.
- Not valid for travel on London Midland services timed to DEPART the origin station on the ticket between 16:30 and 19:30 in either direction, unless a connecting service is being used to complete a journey begun at valid time. Certain easements apply, see bullet point below:
- Travel is allowed on the 18:49 service for customers holding tickets from London Euston for stations to Norton Bridge and Liverpool Lime St inclusive. An easement also applies southwards on the 19:02 Crewe to Northampton service. In addition on Saturdays travel is also permitted on the 18:46 from London Euston to stations between Nuneaton and Crewe inclusive.
- If your ticket is for travel beyond London terminals, then different restrictions may apply.
The Super Off-Peak ticket restrictions apply on Mondays to Saturdays and for tickets to/from Liverpool/Birmingham New St are as follows:
- Not valid for travel on London Midland services timed to ARRIVE at Liverpool Lime St/Liverpool South Parkway or Birmingham New St before 1300hrs.
- Not valid for travel on London Midland services timed to DEPART Liverpool Lime St/Liverpool South Parkway or Birmingham New St between 16:30 and 19:30
Our lowest turn up-and-go ticket between the West Midlands and London Euston. The same time restrictions apply as for the Super Off-Peak Return (shown above) plus the following:
- Outward travel to be taken on the date shown on the ticket, with return travel within one calendar month
- Available for travel on any Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
- Price includes travel from any station within the Network West Midlands area, including Wolverhampton & Coventry
- Valid via Birmingham New Street (not via Lichfield Trent Valley or Rugeley Trent Valley)
This has the same restrictions as the equivalent Off-Peak Day Travelcard to London, but you pay a reduced rate. Up to two adults and up to four children (5-15 years) can travel on this ticket with each child paying just £1 each. There must be at least one adult and one child travelling together to get this ticket. Not valid for travel on services departing London Euston after 1649hrs and until 1901hrs.
nNetwork Daytripper (Network West Midlands only)
A daily ticket valid within the Network West Midlands area which includes unlimited travel on rail, Metro and bus services, Monday - Friday after 0930hrs and all day at weekends and bank holidays. Also now available on ticket vending machines.
If you want to explore more than one place in a day or over seven days then our great value Ranger and Rover tickets are the ticket for you. You can travel anytime at weekends and bank holidays and after 0900hrs Monday - Friday. They are only available to buy from staffed stations.
West Midlands Day Ranger
A West Midlands Day Ranger ticket allows you unlimited travel by train in a day anywhere shown on this map below. You can travel on trains operated by London Midland, Northern, First Great Western, Arriva Trains Wales, Chiltern Railways, East Midlands Trains, CrossCountry and Virgin.
|Day Ranger costs|
|Child (5-15 years)||£12.40|
|Family (up to 2 adults and 4 children)*||£49.60|
|Railcard (Two Together, 16-25, Senior or Disabled Persons)||£16.35|
Prices shown apply from 2 January 2015.
*There are no additional discounts for Family & Friends Railcard holders.
Heart of England 7 Day & 3 Day Flexi Rover
A Heart of England 7 Day Rover and Flexi Rover gives you the freedom of spending up to seven days visiting lots of places, see the map below for where you can go. A 7 Day Rover allows you to travel for seven consecutive days, whereas the Flexi Rover is available for any three days travel in a period of seven consecutive days. Both Heart of England 7 Day Rover and Flexi Rover tickets enable you to travel on all train operators services on the routes shown on this map.
|Heart of England costs||3 Day Flexi Rover||7 Day Rover|
Prices shown apply from 2 January 2015.
*Railcard price applies to holders of Two Together, 16-25, Senior or Disabled Persons Railcards only.