|Mon - Fri:||7:30 AM to 7:30 PM|
|Sat:||9:30 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Sun:||9:30 AM to 4:30 PM|
AlertsMore detailsHide detailsNo step free access to/from Southbound platform at Farringdon
From 9 September 2017 until Spring 2018, passenger lifts to and from the Southbound Thameslink platform at Farringdon (platform 3) will be out of use due to vital Crossrail construction work.
- to Farringdon from Bedford, Luton, St Albans, London St Pancras International and intermediate stations
- from Farringdon to Sevenoaks, Sutton, Gatwick Airport, Brighton and intermediate stations
- Travel to/from City Thameslink station. This station has lifts and is approximately 650m away from Farringdon. However, no overnight services call at City Thameslink. If you wish to travel once trains stop calling at City Thameslink, customers are advised to use London Blackfriars instead. London Blackfriars is approximately 1 km away from Farringdon.
- Customer traveling from the north can continue on southbound Thameslink trains to City Thameslink, cross to the other platform (via the lifts) and return to Farringdon on a northbound train to platform 4. However, no overnight services call at City Thameslink. If you wish to travel once trains stop calling at City Thameslink, customers traveling from the North are advised to change at London Blackfriars and return to Farringdon on a northbound train.
- Customers travelling to the south can catch a northbound Thameslink train from platform 4 to London St Pancras International and cross to the other platform (via the lifts) for a southbound train.
- Use the Circle, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan lines from King's Cross St. Pancras station to Farringdon station.
- Use local bus routes 45 or 63 from stop D on Euston Road (outside St. Pancras station) to Farringdon station or bus route 63 from stop B (outside Farringdon station) to City Thameslink.
Customers able to navigate eight steps can use the lift via westbound Circle, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan line to access the southbound Thameslink platform.
Crossrail's work to extend Thameslink lift shafts to the platforms of the new Elizabeth line will create step-free access for passengers with restricted mobility, including those with buggies and heavy luggage.
|Station Operator: LT|
|Station Code: ZFD|
|Staffing Level: Full Time|
Ticket buying & collection
|False||Oyster Pre Pay|
|False>||Lost Property Contact Available|
0345 026 4700
Website: Go to website
|False>||Left Luggage Contact Available|
|True||Customer Help Points|
Customer Help Points Note: Available on all platforms
|False||Bureau De Change|
|False||First Class Lounge|
|True||Telephones (Cards & Coins)|
|False||Tourist Information Office|
|False||Cycle Storage Availability|
|True||Cycle Storage CCTV|
Interchange for National Rail services to Luton. Interchange at King's Cross St Pancras for the Piccadilly Line to Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Metropolitan, Circle, Hammersmith & City Lines
|False||Accessible Booking Office Counter|
Accessible Booking Office Counter Note:
Ticket office staff provide assistance where possible. See ticket office opening hours.
|False||Accessible Public Telephones|
|False||National Key Toilets|
|True||Ramp For Train Access|
Accessible Taxis Note:
Contact taxi operator directly
|True||Accessible Ticket Machines|
Accessible Ticket Machines Note:
Accessible ticket machines sell tickets suitable for use on London Underground services, including Travelcards. Where tickets for National Rail services are not available through an accessible ticket machine, ticket office staff provide assistance where possible.
|False||Impaired Mobility Set Down|
Impaired Mobility Set Down Note:
Cowcross Street entrance - Drop-off point close by with drop curb but no safe crossing.