How can I apply for a job?
Interviews can be an unnerving time. The following tips may help you to prepare:
- dress smartly - interviews are formal and you should present yourself in a formal way
- plan your route in advance - you don’t want to get lost and panic before your interview
- arrive at least 10 minutes early - arriving promptly allows you time to compose yourself before your interview and makes a good impression
- be prepared - you can research example interview questions online, however try to think of real work life examples that you can draw upon in your interview
- ask questions - most interviewers will give you an opportunity to ask questions at the end, try to have a least 1 constructive question prepared
- body language - your body language is important during an interview, try to remain sitting upright, without slouching and try not to figit
- eye contact - make sure you keep a good level of eye contact with all interviewers
- relax - easier said than done, but try to relax during your interview
- take your time - don't rush when answering questions. ensure that you have answered them fully
Do London Midland provide training?
Do London Midland take work experience placements?
How do I apply for a Qualified Driver role?
How do I apply for a trainee driver role?
I am disabled and require support for interview/assessment
I am on a driver or conductor pipeline but have seen a new advert for the role?
I have been locked out of my careers account, what should I do?
I have completed Conductor/Driver testing before, will I need to resit them?
I missed the deadline to submit my application form, what can I do?
I would like to join London Midland as an apprentice, how do I do that?
I've been offered a post by London Midland, what checks will they complete on me?
Who do I contact regards queries on recruitment?
In the first instance, please contact the Lead Resourcing Advisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will then investigate your query and if it's not resolved it will be directed to the Head of HR.