If your train is delayed by 30 minutes or more, you can claim compensation
At London Midland we know time is money, which is why with Delay Repay we'll pay you back if your train is delayed. To get started simply submit your claim within 28 days of the delay, along with a picture of your ticket or the original. We will then check your claim against our train running information and send you the right amount of compensation. Please note this does not affect your statutory rights.
You can also send in your claim by post, download and complete a delay repay form
The choice is yours
You can receive your compensation in a number of ways:
- Payment back to credit/debit card
- Payment directly to nominated bank account ('BACS')
- Payment directly to nominated Paypal account
- Cheque - we'll post this to your home address
- Credit your online London Midland account
- Cashable Rail Travel Voucher - these can be exchanged for cash at any London Midland staffed station or used as payment (or part payment) for any UK ticket
Singles & returns
|30-59 minutes||1 hour - 1 hour 59 minutes||2 hours or more|
Season tickets holders
If you have a season ticket* you're entitled to the same scale of compensation, based on the proportional daily cost of your ticket.
- For single/return ticket holders the compensation available is capped at 100% of the price of the ticket(s) purchased for that journey.
- For season ticket holders, compensation is calculated on a proportional basis (as per our Passenger’s Charter), and is capped at 200% of this proportion of the face value of the ticket per day, which will usually equate to two journeys per day.
You can only claim for either a journey you caught that was delayed or the first train you intended to catch that was cancelled. For example:
- If the 7.30am was delayed by thirty minutes but you arrived at the station to catch the 8.15am train which is on time, then you could not get the delayed 7.30am train and claim for the 30 minute delay.
For more details, please take a look at our Passengers Charter.
*includes nNetwork and nTrain season tickets within the Network West Midlands area