- buy Plusbus at the same time as your train ticket - at the station or online
- get unlimited bus and tram travel on participating operator services
- have Plusbus for the town at the start and / or end of your journey
- get 1/3 off the price of your Plusbus ticket if you have one of these Railcards: 16-25, Senior, Disabled Persons, Family and Friends, HM Forces or a Network Railcard (or Gold equivalent
- available in 293 towns and cities across Britain including Birmingham, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Liverpool, Leighton Buzzard, Stoke and many more.
How does it work?
Each town has a bus travel zone, train journeys must start or finish outside of this zone. Travel as much as you like, using your Plusbus on all participating bus services within this travel zone. Plusbus tickets cannot be purchased if your train journey is between two stations within the same town or city-wide region i.e. the Network West Midlands area.
Ask for Plusbus when buying your train ticket, they can be bought at all staffed stations and self-service ticket machines, through London Midland telesales or online through our website, which will offer you the option when buying a ticket (if there is one available).
Check Plusbus ticket prices and view zone maps for journey planning by visiting plusbus.info
Check bus times and route information by visiting traveline.org.uk or redplanet.travel or call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 12p per minute, plus your phone access charge).
We have been working with Arriva on surface access improvements to Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
Liverpool South Parkway is the closest station to Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA) located just 3 miles from the airport.
- you can travel between the station and the airport via bus or taxi
- the station is efficiently linked to Manchester, Yorkshire, West Midlands and East Midlands and also has connections to London Euston Services at Runcorn or Crewe
- train operators calling at the station include Merseyrail, Northern Railway, Transpennine Express, London Midland and East Midlands Trains
Find out more about Liverpool South Parkway
Buses between Liverpool South Parkway and the Liverpool John Lennon Airport
regular buses operate on this route and include the 500 and the 86A
take advantage of the of the new improved bus links and lower fares and make your journey better than ever
the relaunched 500 bus route from Arriva between LJLA and Liverpool ONE bus station now serves Liverpool South Parkway in both directions, meaning easier connections to the rail network when using this busy railway station or the bus interchange
A fleet of upgraded Arriva double decker buses have been put on the 500 service to improve comfort and even more space for passengers and their luggage.
- all the buses have distinctive airport livery making them easily noticeable
- are all equipped with comfortable e-leather seating, free Wi-Fi and the USB charging so that you can stay connected on the go.
- a new visual audio announcement system has also been installed on all the routes buses to keep passengers fully informed on the progression of their journey
the newly launched services also comes with a cheaper price tag, with ticket prices reduced from £3 to £2.20!
- rail network: new through tickets are available to Liverpool John Lennon Airport from anywhere on the rail network via Liverpool South Parkway and the 500 and 86A bus services – please remember to select this option when buying train tickets online or request it when buying at the station
Find out more about airport links