We're working harder than ever before to support customers with access needs. We want everyone to be able to use the rail network, but sometimes customers don't know just how much support we can provide. Some of the things we are doing to improve access for all include:
- A dedicated Assisted Travel team than can book assistance on/off trains
- Travel Support Card
- Disabled People’s Protection Policy
- Passenger Assistance Contact Cards (available at stations)
- London Midland Access Advisory Panel (AAP)
- Minor Works Scheme
- Dementia Action Alliance Action plan
- Using London Midland internal communications to keep all colleagues informed & up to date
- Accessible matrix - latest accessibility information for all of our stations
Helping disabled and older customers use our services
We will always get you to your destination, and our promise includes:
- value for money discounts
- assistance from staff when travelling with us
- alternative accessible transport when stations or trains are inaccessible
- clear, consistent up-to-date information
- a safe and reliable service
London Midland has a Disabled People's Protection Policy (DPPP) which sets out our commitment to ensuring equality of service to older and disabled passengers.
If you require assistance, (e.g. on and off the train and/or around the station) you can turn up at train stations which are staffed and we will always do our very best to help you as soon as staff and equipment are available. If you would like the reassurance of pre-booking your assistance in order to know that staff are expecting you, then we recommend booking assistance 24 hours in advance (you can book further in advance if you wish).
Requesting Passenger Assistance
Your personal and journey data will be gathered and held within the assisted travel booking system for two years, and made available to all Train Operating Companies and Network Rail for all your bookings, in order that they can arrange and carry out assistance on your behalf. If you do not wish for your data to be shared please call us on 0800 092 4260 or using type talk 18001 0800 092 4260.